The 2014 Festival will take place in the Printworks, Dublin Castle – access via the Palace Street entrance, off Dame Street (see map below).
In the Printworks Foyer
- Festival Bookshop – The Gutter Bookshop
- Pop-up Festival of History Library – bring along your Dublin City library card and borrow from our selection of history books and historical novels.
- Exhibition – “Letters from the Great War” from Dublin City Archives.
- Military Archives – staff from the Military Archives will be at the Festival on Saturday 27th September from 2.00-7.00pm to showcase their collections.
- Irish Great War Society – members of this living history society will wear First World War uniforms and answer questions about equipment and uniforms of the troops on Saturday 27th and Sunday 28th September from 1.00-4.00pm.
Relax between lectures with refreshments in local cafés offering the following special offers to festival goers during Dublin Castle weekend:
- Silk Road Café, Chester Beatty Library, Dublin Castle, 20% discount
- Tír na nÓg Caife, City Hall (vouchers for buy one get one free on teas/
- Dubh Linn Castle Tea Rooms, Upper Yard, 20% discount
Other things to do – special offers
- Visit Dublin’s City Hall on Saturday 27th and avail of half-price entry to The Story of the Capital exhibition.
- Special concession rate to Dublin Castle State Apartments and Medieval Undercroft on September 27th and 28th.
Dublin Castle’s Family Trail – Can you answer the history questions?
You can pick up the question sheet in Printworks and get hunting! All correct entries will be entered in a prize draw for exciting prizes.
(Please note: some questions pertain to the State Apartments where there is an entrance fee. 1 entry per child. Winners will be notified by emai.l)