The Two Churches of St. Marnock
October 13 @ 6:45 pm - 7:45 pmFree
This presentation will initially look at the Medieval, pre-Reformation, Church of St. Marnock and its associated Holy Well as well as the later church, also named after St. Marnock, which was built by the Church of Ireland in 1790 and continued to be used until 1960.
This church once housed an early 1800s Parish School (the first school in Portmarnock) in the adjoining Sexton’s House.
Garry Ahern is a local historian and is a member of Malahide Historical Society. He is author of ‘Portmarnock-Its People and Townlands-A History’, (Fingal Libraries, 2013, reprinted 2017,) and has contributed to several journals.